Shut Down Bank of America Until Trump is Impeached
By Marc Keyser, TheResistance.blog
BOYCOTTING Bank of America and running the risk of them going bankrupt is a small price to pay for bringing President Trump to justice and seeing him impeached.
Did President Trump fire Attorney General Jeff Sessions and make Matt Whitaker- a critic of the Mueller probe- acting Attorney General in order to undermine the Special Counsel’s Trump-Russia investigation to avoid impeachment and forestall indictment for his crimes?
Not only is Whitaker refusing to recuse himself from the Trump-Russia investigation, apparently the first thing Whitaker did on the job is hand over information on the Trump-Russia probe to Trump and his lawyers, which they have no right to.
The inner workings of the Special Counsel’s investigation of President Trump are something the President has no right to see, oversee, or interfere with in any way. The President is under investigation for conspiring with the Russians to rig the election, which, if proven true, makes him not only illegitimate, but a traitor. TRUMP IS LIKE NO OTHER TRAITOR IN AMERICAN HISTORY. NOT EVEN BENEDICT ARNOLD.
With Whitaker in charge, the President is now in control of the investigation of himself, his family and his underlings for their criminal and treasonous actions. For the President of the United States to openly interfere with the investigation into his criminal and treasonous acts is more than an arrogant abuse of power, it is criminal obstruction of justice that threatens to compromise the investigation, the rule of law, and democracy itself.
When the president tries to control the Justice Department in order to make an investigation that dooms him go away by corruptly influencing the course of the investigation, that’s usually the end (of president.)
This is probably the moment we have been waiting for. The Saturday Night Massacre, which of course became the beginning of the end for President Nixon.
Democrats will protect the Mueller investigation as much as they can, but they are not in control of the House of Representatives until the first of the year.
Democratic Sen. Richard Blumenthal said that he and his colleagues are considering legislation that would protect Robert Mueller’s special counsel investigation and guarantee that Donald Trump and Republicans can’t keep the probe’s findings private.
“We’re thinking about legislation to assure there is disclosure of all the findings and evidence in that investigation, in the event that Robert Mueller is, in fact, fired,” Blumenthal said in an interview with MSNBC’s Chris Hayes.
Firing Mueller is not the only way to undermine the special counsel probe
There is so much emphasis on the potential firing of Robert Mueller that it’s easy to overlook other ways the president can undermine the special counsel investigation.
Even if Trump doesn’t have Whitaker push Mueller out, he and his Republican cohorts in Congress can sidestep the special counsel’s ultimate findings by attempting to keep them sealed.
After all, if the public doesn’t know what conclusions Robert Mueller reached, then Trump can avoid being held accountable. Trump can just keep on calling the investigation a “Witch Hunt” and get away with his crimes.
Fortunately, the Democrats – emboldened by their massive gains in the midterm elections – aren’t about to let the president or his Republican loyalists in Congress get away with it. But the outcome is far from certain.
America is a Democracy, and Democracy is:
a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections.
In theory, we the People are the supreme power. The President, The Republican controlled Congress are elected representatives. Elected representatives are public servants.
In reality, Trump with the aid of the Republicans in Congress has assumed the powers of a supreme ruler, an authoritarian dictator who is above the law with increasing control over the People. We the People, the silent masses, are here to be ruled over by Trump the way the German people were ruled over by Hitler.
The fundamental misunderstanding of the nature of Democracy.
Representatives- the president and members of Congress- are elected by the voters. They are public servants, they do not rule by divine right, and they are not above the law. We have the Constitution, we have inalienable rights, and we have checks and balances in our government. What we don’t have is the means for the People to immediately and in real time exercise accountability over these arrogant and corrupt politicians in Washington when the checks and balances fail.
We do not have a national recall process; whereby, we can vote and recall the President and members of Congress for high crimes, for obstruction of justice, and dereliction of duty.
The problem is accountability.
How do We the People exercise control over our representatives who have assumed dictatorial powers other than voting them out of office in regular elections after the damage is done?
The most direct and immediate means of forcing Trump Republicans in control of Congress to impeach Trump is to simply shut down Bank of America with a mass phone protest and bring public pressure to bear on these political hacks in Congress aiding and abetting the crimes of the President here and now in real time.
We can bring grassroots energy to phones in the fight to impeach Trump where we can focus our collective outrage.
Protesting in the streets and in the halls of Congress is excellent, but simply not enough. A few fleeting headlines in the media are not enough. The way to stop Trump from threatening to shut down the Mueller investigation is to actually shut down Bank of America.
The most powerful means of protest is by phone, where we can take advantage of smartphone technology. Using our smartphones to social network and to call in solidarity, we can bring enough protesters to phones to isolate Bank of America Merrill Lynch, disrupt their communications, and turn their own customers against them. We can boycott their phones and shut them down for as long as need be to send a message to Congress: “Impeach Trump, or lose Bank of America.”
We are citizens of the United States of America. We have a God-given, inalienable, Constitutional right to use our phones to call Bank of America as do some 7.5 billion other consumers around the world who have mobile phones.
Peacefully calling from the safety of our own phones, we can put business as usual at the bank on hold non-violently and convince Republicans in Congress to join Democrats in impeaching Trump in order to keep Bank of America from going belly up. Republicans in Congress don’t want to see Bank of America go bankrupt… so everyone can be reasonable and find a satisfactory solution to protect the Mueller investigation in order to stop the calls so Bank of America Merrill Lynch can continue doing business.
Why call Bank of America Merrill Lynch? Because that’s where the money is.
Bank of America is a Wall Street icon, a mega-corporation operating internationally. They are one of the leading Wall Street banks responsible for the Housing Market Fraud in 2008 that bankrupted millions of Americans and has added some $10 trillion dollars to national debt. Bank of America is a key player in the shadow government that controls our government. We can break up this gigantic corporate monopoly; and, at the same time, force the Republicans in Congress to impeach Trump… for fear of losing Bank of America and having the phone protest spread to other Wall Street Banks starting with Well Fargo Bank for cheating customers out of millions of dollars.
All it takes is a phone and a few minutes
- While you are protesting in the streets, in the halls of Congress, or going about you daily business, get in a few calls to Bank of America Merrill Lynch. Call in solidarity until we have a large enough gathering of callers to disrupt business at Bank of America Merrill Lynch worldwide.
- Kill two birds with the same phone calls. We can break up Bank of America Merrill Lynch and force Congress to protect the Mueller investigation at the same time.
- Take your money out of Bank of America. You don’t want your money in Bank of America Merrill Lynch when the avalanche hits, and there is a run on the bank, and it’s too late.
- Demonstrate out front of the nearest branch of Bank of America Merrill Lynch. Make the news, help spread the word, and turn customers away.
- Call anonymously risk free. You don’t need to travel anywhere or take time off work and lose pay. You don’t risk being tear gassed, beaten by riot police, attacked by dogs, blasted with high power pressure water hoses, shot with rubber bullets, or arrested and carted off to jail. You don’t need to fear being attacked, run over, killed or injured by Trump’s army of armed and violent followers. Just call Bank of America and pray for them ow wish them good day.
- Take a stand; join the Resistance. Organizing your own Call Squad to boycott the nearest Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
- Activate people on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Get the message out. Use your smartphone to network and help the Phone Protest go viral on the Internet activating thousands, millions of protesters around the globe to join in calling and cut off their communications with the outside world.
- Start by shutting down one Bank of America branch to make the news, go viral and ignite a Global Phone Protest in cities around the world.
- Financial markets hate uncertainty. Even Trump Republicans with money in Bank of America Merrill Lynch will join the protest the minute they get the bad news. They will join us on the phones flooding the bank with angry calls and complaints wanting their money out of the bank… to be safe. They will be the first to unload their stock.
- The Phone Protest can produce instant results when enough people call. Bank of America will call on Congress to meet our demands to stop the calls from putting them out of business, and Trump Republicans will want to dump Trump to save Bank of America from going bankrupt… and avoid a meltdown on Wall Street.
- The Phone Protest against Bank of America will turn Trump radioactive.
In order to speak to power, We the People must first be in a position of power.
We win by making Bank of America lose money. We win when Congress faces the threat of losing Bank of America if they don’t protect the Mueller investigation.
We go on the offensive. We stop this wait-to-see-what-insane-thing Trump does or says next. We invade their phones and shut down Bank of America first. We exercise our supreme power over those in Washington who unconstitutionally rule over us.
The phone calls are free for us, so the worse that can happen is Bank of America and Merrill Lynch go bankrupt and are broken up and Trump is impeached for treason.