So we keep finding interesting stuff around the web and around the world. Therefore, when you’re completely finished reading all the fascinating material on our site, here’s a few other things you might want to check out:
- This one we got from our friend Brent Williams. It seems that FastCompany, a very capitalist magazine, actually published an op-ed piece questioning the future of free enterprise, “Are You Ready To Consider That Capitalism Is The Real Problem?” by Jason Hickel and Martin Kirk. It is only a guest column, and the editors go out of their way to explain that they don’t necessarily agree with it, but that FastCompany is willing to print it at all is an interesting development.
- Our friend Robert Folkner sent us this one. The New York Times writes “Las Vegas Shooting: N.R.A. Supports New Rules on ‘Bump Stock’ Devices.” We aren’t quite sure how we feel about that. Seems a bit like way too little, way too late. But, maybe it’s a start.
- This has been a busy couple of weeks for fake news. For instance, there’s a story going around that Der Drumpf didn’t really screw up aid to Puerto Rico. It was all the fault of Puerto Rican Truck Divers who went on strike and wouldn’t deliver the supplies. Except, in article dated 3 Oct, Politfact.com’s Joshua Gillin revealed that this was complete and total nonsense. Sadly…for the Right…you can’t blame the Orange One’s indifference, incompetence, and ineptitude on anyone but himself.
- Meanwhile, coming under the heading of “giving aid and comfort to the enemy,” The Washington Post reported that CBS had fired one of its executives, Hayley Geftman-Gold, because she wrote on her FB page that she had no sympathy for “some of” the dead and wounded of the Las Vegas shooting because they were country and western fans, and therefore probably pro-gun Republicans. This is, of course, exactly the kind of dipshit comment that we don’t need Liberals making at a time when the Right is saying we’re a bunch of smug elitists.
- AOL News is reporting that Rex Tillerson, Jim Mattis, and Steve Mnuchin have formed a “suicide pact” where-by if any one of them is fired by Der Drumpf, the others will quit. True? False? Who knows? But it may well speak to the growing desperation in the House Of Orange.
- Writing in the opinion section of the Washington Post, Jennifer Rubin says that, “At least some Republicans realize their party is on the road to ruin.” She notes that a “new Pew Research Center poll finds that ‘the share of Republicans who are very or somewhat pessimistic about the future of their party has nearly doubled, from 20% in December to 39% in the current survey.’” Now, if they could just figure out they need to vote for Democrats…
- And, finally, a video of interest. The Young Turks have done a really compelling piece on how Fake News (i.e., flat out lies) went viral after the Las Vegas shootings. Give it a glance.
Until Next Time…